How Do We Measure Results – Website Analytics
What you don’t know can kill you!! Tracking who your visitors are and where they’re coming from is vital to your marketing success.
More sales are coming in through the website. The phone is ringing and you feel great. As your internet marketing efforts take off, there is a strong tendency to sit back and enjoy the success. This is the greatest downfall of any internet marketer. Always remember, your baby is ugly! No matter how much time you’ve spent making your website better, there is always room for constant testing and improvement.
Web Analytics refers to the use of data collected from a web site to determine which aspects of the website work towards the business objectives
. For example:
- Which marketing channels are bringing in the most traffic (email, PPC, SEO, retargeting ads, etc)?
- Which landing pages are performing the best in terms of conversion ratio?
- What keywords are driving the most traffic to your site from organic SEO searches?
- What pages of the site are most people leaving from (bounce rate)?
- How many visitors are using mobile devices like phones and tablets?
- Are visitors from Facebook and Twitter converting into revenue?
Why is web analytics so important?
- You won’t know where to spend your marketing budget if you can’t accurately measure where revenue is coming from
- These reports can tell where to re-allocate your marketing budget for maximum ROI
- Your gut feel is great, but statistics are better
What we Do
- We install Google Analytics for free to track traffic and conversion data
- We provide monthly ranking reports for your keywords
- We provide a monthly work detail report (competitors don’t) – Other SEO firms tell you that what they do is their secret sauce. The truth is that they don’t’ want to show you the amount of work that is being done each month
We Make it Easy for You to Understand
Reports can be overwhelming. Click-thru rates, bounce rates, top referrers, unique visitors, site overlays, conversion rates… The list goes on and on. Try asking yourself:
- Are 10,000 unique visitors per month a good thing for your site?
- Does it matter that people are only staying on a certain page for 26 seconds?
- Is a conversion rate of 2.6% good?
- Are your ad campaigns bringing you the sales you expected?
Managers and business owners need to have web analytics tools and analysts who can interpret the piles of data in a way that shows them how their objectives are being met compared to their baselines. Those objectives can be things like:
- sign-ups for a newsletter
- purchases of products
- posts on your blogs
- other key performance indicators (KPI’s)
seo4anyone will help implement a web analytics strategy that includes both an easy to use tool to collect and visually report the data, as well as assist in developing benchmarks, so that the data can be put into clear business context.
Most companies spend tons of time on their keyword research, seo implementation, and PPC campaigns. Unfortunately, the next question is always, are we having success? How do we measure our success? How do we compare to our competitors?
Let Us Help You Make Sense of it All
In order to know your progress, you must measure! We will get you started by helping with:
- Choosing the tools: There are many tools available to address the needs of small content-based websites all the way up to high-end e-commerce shopping sites. We will assist you in your choice of tools.
- Getting your website ready: In order to track your key performance indicators (KPI’s), we will assist your web team in configuring your URL’s to pass the appropriate parameters, so that you can segment your results and have them in context that you can make business decisions from.
- Analyzing Reports: Our analysts will provide you with recommendations on which reports to watch, what data is more influential by seeing the trend, not just a snapshot in time, and verifying that your KPI’s are being tracked correctly by the web analytics tool.
Learn More About SEO